BOYANI VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTRE
Boyani Vocational Training Centre is a Vocational Training Institute which offers technical skills and knowledge to young and elder Kenyans .It was started in 1976 by the community member in conjunction with the African Devine Church (ADC)member under bishop James Chabuga and area administration who was then the area chief Mr. zinalo.Boyani Vocational Training centre is located in vihiga County,Hamisi Sub-County,Tambua ward and Gamalenga sub-location .It only started with three trade courses which include Carpentry & Joinery, Masonry and Tailoring with only 8 students.
Courses1) ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS
2) MOTOR VEHICLE MECHANICS
4) HAIRDRESSING & BEAUTY THERAPY
5) CARPENTRY & JOINERY
6) METAL WORK
7) INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
9) FOODS & BEVERAGE TECHNOLOGY
Projects1) Plaster of the floor and walls of the kitchen
2) Repair of the boy’s dormitoryie windows, roof top ,verandah and electricity
3) Repair and installation of electricity on administration block
4) Repair & renovation of ICT room which is in progress
5) Repair of fish pond but in progress
6) Sponsored a vehicle for driving school.
Achievements1) Introduced driving school
2) Registered by the TVET authority
3) Approved by KNEC as Exam centre for ICT and FOOD TECHNOLOGY
4) Students have registered for NITA exams 2017
5) Students have registered for NAVCET exams 2017
6) Students yet to receive sponsorship education from our sponsor in conjunction with ADC but the money is yet to be released.