MUHUDU VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTRE
It was started through the initiative of the county government and the community as a ward polytechnic in the year 2015. Muhudu Vocational Training Centre is located in Muhudu sub-location, Muhudu ward, Hamisi sub-county, Vihiga County.It is situated at Lulali area off/on Cheptulu Museno road It was established in 2015 as a ward Institution through the efforts of the local community and assistance from ward MCA and ward bursaries.
Courses1) ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION & ELECTRONICS
2) MOTOR VEHICLE MECHANICS
3) FASHION DESIGN (TAILORING $ DRESSMAKING)
4) APPROPRIATE CARPENTRY & JOINERY
5) INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
6) MASONRY/BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
7) FOODS & BEVERAGE TECHNOLOGY
Achievements1) Registration of the institute with TVETA in the year 2016.
2) Only two courses approved for training i.e. masonry/Building Technology and Electrical Installation.
3) There were 7 courses on going i.e. Fashion Design, Hair Dressing & Beauty Therapy, Electrical Installation, Masonry, MVM, ICT, and Carpentry & Joinery.
4) New courses being started i.e. ICT, MVM, and Carpentry & Joinery.
5) The county government was constructing an administration block and some workshops. The project was still incomplete and that the contractor was no longer on site.
6) The institute had registered 7 trainees in 2016 NITA exam and only 1 student had passed i.e. in masonry.
7) The county government had deployed 2 contract instructors i.e. in Hairdressing and Beauty therapy and in Electrical and Electronics departments respectively.
8) There were also 6 instructors i.e. 1- on Permanent & Pensionable terms (manager), 2- county contract instructors and 3 county top-up instructors.
9) The county government was constructing an administration block and some workshops. The project was still incomplete and that the contractor was no longer on site.
10) Some students doing grade 1 trade test exams and passed.
11) Registration of 4 trainees in 2017 NITA exams for the December series.
12) The county government had paid the county top-up instructors for their arrears of 3 months.