Health Workers Union in Vihiga County has called off the go-slow by health workers that had paralysed health services in a few health facilities. A deal to end the go slow was reached after a closed door meeting between the union officials, deputy governor Dr.Patrick Saisi and Chief Officer of medical services Dr.Arnold Mamadi.
While addressing the press,Kenya National Union of Nurses chairman Zaddock Miheso urged county government to remain committed to deliberations made between parties involved. Union secretary general Wycliffe Alumasa called upon health workers to resume work so as to ease crippled operations in these sector.
Vihiga deputy governor Dr. Patrick said county government is committed to paying salaries within stipulated time frame.
The following resolutions were made;
- The Salaries for August 2018 to be paid on or before Monday, 10th September, 2018.
- Subsequently, salaries be paid on or before the 5th of the following month.Should there be a delay or an anticipated delay, the County Government of Vihiga to issue notice to the staff giving the reasons for the delay and or anticipated delay and indicating clear timelines when the same shall be paid.
- The Department of Health to spearhead the implementation of the applicable SRC circulars on health workers and the Return to Work Formula signed by both levels of government.
- The unions to call off the go slow immediately and ask the members to resume their duty.
- There shall be no victimization of any form to staff who took part in the go slow.