MWAMBEBA VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTRE
In the year 2012 by then HE. HON.DR. Wilber K. Ottichilo was the area MP. For the larger Emuhaya constituency, issued out the Local Authority Transfer Fund (LATF) which was used to put up a building block which houses two classrooms, an office and a store. With the help of the community the college was put up for the purpose of impacting technical skills to the youths who either had sat for K.C.P.E and had no fees to join secondary schools. At the same time the college targeted youths from secondary school who did not attain grades to enable them join institutions of higher learning.
Mwambeba VTC was officially opened on 18/03/2014 by Mr. Cyrus Wanyonyi who was the director youth training officer for Vihiga county by then. He admitted the first 5 trainees in the first 3 courses which were started with. Since establishment the college was under the B.O.M who were appointed by the community Stakeholders/representatives. In June 2015, the registrar of companies approved the search and reservation of Mwambeba Vocational Training Centre. In AUG 2015, an application was made to Technical and Vocational Education and Training Authority which was meant to register and license the institution. Consequently the institution was assessed by a team of assessors from TVET for the purpose of licensing and registration.
Mwambeba VTC was officially registered on 18/4/2016 under section 20(1) of the Tvet Act 2013. The college does not only serve trainees from the local area but admits trainees from a wider Kenyan community.
2) Carpentry and joinery
3) Hair and beauty therapy.
2) Motor vehicle mechanics
3) Tailoring and dress making
Examination Undertaken1) TAILORING G3
2) MOTOR VEHICLE MECH G3
4) TAILORING G2
Achievements1) The instructors are ALL employed by the county government of Vihiga.
2) The institution has been fenced to beef up security of college property.
3) The college has a modern latrine for both trainees and instructors.
4) The college is connected with electricity.
5) Students population has significantly risen from 16 in 2016 to 67 in 2017.
6) Students are in college uniform which is sky blue shirt/blouse and black trouser/skirt.
7) Lunch program has been put in place.
8) The college has developed a 5 year strategic plan for 2017 - 2021.
9) The college received donation of furniture from Hobunaka boys secondary school.